Just some ‘fun’ reading, nothing literary about it. That said, much better than Brimstone (I’m still in shock wondering if I want to continue the Pendergrast tales after that one).. I’d give it a 3.85 out of 5 stars. Quick points;
- Library book. shows I wasnt willing to part with $ going into the read
- 400 pages long. 300 pages in I predicted MOST of the ending. THis always pisses me off.
- last 15 pages redeemed themselves with a few thougthful twists.
- Wyman Ford is back (from Tyrannosaur Canyon), this guys easier to relate to.
- Preston revisits themes of mob hysteria (Reliquary, Brimstone), religious zealots (Brimstone), and subterannean (Almost every one of their books)
Not bad. Was worth the 20-odd subway rides I spent riding.